New Delhi: The Confederation of All India Traders have called for a Bharat Bandh on Friday (February 26) in protest against the rising fuel prices, Goods and Services Tax, E-Bill etc. According to reports, All India Transporters Welfare Association (AITWA) has extended support to the call for Bharat Bandh and will hold a chakka jam on February 26.
Here is all you need to know about the bandh
- All commercial markets across the country will remain closed as over 40,000 traders’ associations are taking part in the bandh.
- Private transport is likely to be hit as the transporters’ association (AITWA) have asked all transport companies to park their vehicles between 6am and 8pm as a symbolic protest.
- Booking and movement of Bill-oriented goods will be hit.
- Sit-in protests will be held nationwide at 1,500 places.
- More than 30 lakh roads will be closed on Friday.
- Reports said All India Motor Transport Congress (AIMTC) and Bhaichara All India Truck Operator Welfare Association (BAITOWA) will not take part in the strike.