New Delhi: The central government has asked the states to follow COVID-19 precautions strictly during the festive season. The Centre said this via an advisory on Saturday.
The government also listed measures like promoting online shopping and avoiding unnecessary travel to arrest the infection rates.
The guidelines were announced ahead of major festivals like Diwali and Eid scheduled for next month.
- Promote online shopping, discourage unnecessary travel.
- Strictly follow Covid guidelines during celebrations.
- No mass gatherings in containment zones and districts where more than 5 per cent of testing positive.
- The state governments should issue orders adequately in advance.
- Gatherings that are allowed with advance permission and limited attendees should be monitored closely.
- Guidelines for malls, local markets and places of worship should be followed strictly.
- Strictly follow five pillars of Covid management — Test, track, treat, vaccinate and follow Covid-appropriate behaviour.
8. District authorities should keep a strict vigil over the trajectory of cases.