New Delhi: The Union Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA) on Monday (June 29) evening issued guidelines for the ‘Unlock 2.0’ phase of COVID-19 lockdown across the country between July 1- 31. The new guidelines will come into effect from July 1 and are based on feedback received from States and Union Territories, and extensive consultations held with related Central Ministries and Departments. Prime Minister Narendra Modi will address the nation on June 30 at 4 pm.
The Unlock 2.0 guidelines are-
- Domestic flights and passenger trains will be further expanded in a calibrated manner.
- Religious places, hotels, restaurants and other hospitality services; and shopping malls will remain closed in containment zones. Wearing of face cover is compulsory in public places, workplaces and during transport.
- Shops depending upon their area can have more than 5 persons at a time. However, they have to maintain an adequate social distance.
- Schools, colleges and coaching institutions will remain closed till July 31, 2020.
- International air travel of passengers has been permitted in a limited manner under the ‘Vande Bharat’ mission.
- Cinema halls, gymnasiums, swimming pools, entertainment parks, theatres, bars, auditoriums, assembly halls and similar places will not be allowed in containment zones. Metro remains shut in containment zones.
- Social, political, sports, entertainment, academic, cultural, religious functions and other large congregations will not be allowed in containment zones.
- Lockdown will continue to be implemented strictly in the containment zones till 31 July 2020.
- No restriction on inter-state and intra-state movement of persons and goods. No separate permission or approval or e-permit will be required for such movements.
- Night Curfew shall continue to remain in force, between 10 pm and 5 am, except for essential activities and other relaxation given in Unlock 2.
- Protection for vulnerable persons: Vulnerable persons, i.e., persons above 65 years of age, persons with co-morbidities, pregnant women, and children below the age of 10 years, are advised to stay at home, except for meeting essential requirements and for health purposes.
- The use of the Aarogya Setu mobile application will continue to be encouraged.