New Delhi: The Ministry of Youth Affairs & Sports declared the names of the 12 sportspersons who will get the Major Dhyan Chand Khel Ratna Award for the year 2021, on Tuesday.
A host of medallists from the Tokyo Olympics 2020, including gold medallist Neeraj Chopra, and Paralympic Games will be given India’s highest sporting honour.
The 12 sportspersons are:
1) Neeraj Chopra (Gold medallist in men’s javelin throw at the Tokyo Olympics)
2) Lovlina Borgohain (Bronze medallist in women’s welterweight category in boxing at the Tokyo Olympics)
3) Ravi Kumar Dahiya (Silver medallist in men’s 57kg freestyle wrestling at the Tokyo Olympics)
4) PR Sreejesh (Goalkeeper of Indian men’s hockey team that won bronze at Tokyo Olympics)
5) Avani Lekhara (Gold and Bronze medallist in women’s rifle shooting events at Tokyo Paralympics)
6) Sumit Antil (Gold medallist in men’s javelin throw F64 event in Tokyo Paralympics)
7) Pramod Bhagat (Gold medallist in Men’s SL3 singles badminton event in Tokyo Paralympics)
8) Krishna Nagar (Gold medallist in Men’s SH6 singles badminton event in Tokyo Paralympics)
9) Manish Narwal (Gold medallist in P4 Mixed 50 metre pistol SH1 event at Tokyo Paralympics)
10) Mithali Raj (Indian women’s Test and ODI outfits captain. Leading run-scorer in women’s ODIs)
11) Sunil Chhetri (Indian men’s football team captain and record goal-scorer for India)
12) Manpreet Singh (Indian men’s hockey team captain that won bronze medal at Tokyo Olympics)