Mumbai: The Bombay High Court on Friday quashed the Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation’s demolition notice to Bollywood actor Kangana Ranaut, saying that it was “nothing but malice in law.”
The court added that Kangana was allowed to make her property habitable. “But that would be in compliance with the approved plan,” the court said. “If [the] application [is] made to BMC for approval, it will be decided within 4 weeks.”
The High Court also said that a valuer must be appointed to decide on the compensation due to Ranaut.
The Mumbai civic body had destroyed a part of the actress’ property in the city on September 9. Later that day, the HC stayed the demolition drive after Kangana filed a petition against it. She had been served a notice of illegal construction.
The actor also alleged that the demolition drive was motivated by her comments against the Shiv Sena government.