New Delhi: The home delivery system of Liquefied Petroleum Gas (LPG) cylinder from next month, will require a one-time password (OTP) to get your gas cylinder delivered at your doorstep.
As per reports, the decision has been made by oil companies to curb the theft and identify a genuine consumer.
The new system is called Delivery Authentication Code (DAC) which is introduced for the benefit of the company as well as customers.
In the DAC system, an individual will receive an OTP on the registered mobile number after making a booking. At the time of delivery, that code has to be shown for receiving the LPG cylinder.
All you need to know about Delivery Authentication Code
- Delivery Authentication Code (DAC) will first be put into practice for 100 smart cities. A pilot project is already underway at Jaipur city of Rajasthan.
- If the consumer’s mobile number is not updated, then the delivery person can update it in real-time with the help of an application and generate the code.
- After the implementation of the DAC system, customers whose details are not updated will have a hard time making an LPG booking. If the incorrect details are provided, then LPG will not be delivered.
- After its successful implementation in 100 smart cities, it will be expanded to other cities.
- The Delivery Authentication Code system will not be applicable for commercial cylinders.