Mumbai: The Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) has scrapped the selection committee led by Chetan Sharma and invited new applications for the position of senior team’s selectors on Friday. The deadline for new applications is 6 pm on November 28.
The panel led by Chetan Sharma also had Sunil Joshi (South Zone), Harvinder Singh (Central Zone) and Debashish Mohanty (East Zone).
It may be recalled that BCCI secretary Jay Shah had said after the board’s AGM last month that a new selection panel and a Cricket Advisory Committee (CAC) would be constituted.
The new committee will be in office in December. “Candidates who wish to apply for the said position need to fulfil the following criteria for their applications to be considered,” said an official release from the board.
“The candidates should have played a minimum of seven Test matches, 30 First Class matches; or 10 ODI and 20 First Class matches,” added the statement added.
🚨NEWS🚨: BCCI invites applications for the position of National Selectors (Senior Men).
Details : https://t.co/inkWOSoMt9
— BCCI (@BCCI) November 18, 2022