Kolkata: In view of a spurt in the number of Covid-19 infections, the West Bengal government extended the lockdown in the state on Saturday till May 30.
This decision came after the state recorded its highest single-day spike of 20,846 fresh COVID-19 cases on Friday, taking the tally to 10,94,802.
The toll in West Bengal jumped to 12,993 after 136 more people, including five eminent doctors, succumbed to the deadly infection, according to the health department bulletin.
Check the Guidelines:
- All schools, colleges and Anganwadi centres will remain closed.
- Government and private offices and establishments shall remain closed.
- Essential emergency services will be allowed.
- Shopping complexes, malls, restaurants, salons, gyms, swimming pools will remain closed.
- Retail shops will remain open only from 7 am to 10 am.
- Sweets and meat shops allowed to remain open from 10 am to 5 pm.
- Medical shops and optical shops will remain operational as usual.
- Parks and zoos will remain closed.
- Metro services closed, local trains and buses will remain closed barring emergency essential service personnel.
- Private cars, taxis exempted from emergency essential services.
- Metro services will operate only for those who are engaged in emergency services.
- Goods carriers will remain suspended except for medical and food services.
- All political, entertainment, cultural, religious gathering prohibited.
- All industries and manufacturing units will remain closed barring food and medical supplies and medical packaging services.