Tuesday, June 28, 2022
Home World Zuckerberg Announces Indefinite Ban On Trump's Facebook, Instagram Accounts

Zuckerberg Announces Indefinite Ban On Trump’s Facebook, Instagram Accounts

- Advertisement -

Washington: Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg has announced via his platform that Donald Trump will be blocked from using both Facebook and Instagram “for at least the next two weeks until the peaceful transition of power is complete.”
The company blocked his accounts temporarily on Wednesday following Trump’s posting on content that incited his followers to violence, but now Zuckerberg says the ban is extended “indefinitely,” extending at least until Biden takes over as President.
Both Facebook and Instagram removed Trump’s video post yesterday, in which the President called for rioters who laid siege to the Capitol building in Washington to go home – but in which he also said “we love you” to the same violent terrorists.
They followed that action with a 24-hour account lock, preventing Trump from posting via his Facebook and Instagram accounts during that period.
Zuckerberg acknowledges that Trump content has in the past been labeled or removed when found to violate its policies, but that he had been allowed up until now to “use our platform consistent with our own rules.”
He says that has now changed, due to “use of our platform to incite violent insurrection against a democratically elected government.”
Meanwhile, Twitter on Thursday revealed that Trump has complied with its requirement to delete three offending tweets before reinstating access to his locked account on that platform – meaning Trump will regain access to his account 12 hours from the time of deletion, or later on Thursday.

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -
Stay Connected
16,985FansLike
2,458FollowersFollow
61,453SubscribersSubscribe
Must Read

Supreme Court Issues Notices To Sena Rebels

Mumbai: Maharashtra Deputy Speaker Narhari Zirwal, Chief Whip Sunil Prabhu and leader of Legislature party Anil Chaudhary were issued notices by the Supreme Court...
- Advertisement -

Maharashtra: Rebels Take Shiv Sena To Supreme Court

New Delhi: Maharashtra’s political slugfest has now reached the Supreme Court with rebel legislator Eknath Shinde challenging the Shiv Sena’s decision to disqualify him...

Sharad Pawar Calls On Uddhav Thackeray

New Delhi: Nationalist Congress Party (NCP) supremo Sharad Pawar called on Maharashtra Chief Minister Uddhav Thackeray at his residence as another Shiv Sena MLA...

Maharashtra: Uddhav Thackeray Ready To Step Down As CM

Mumbai: The ruling allies of Uddhav Thackeray in Maharashtra — Congress and Sharad Pawar — have suggested that rebel Eknath Shinde be made the...
Related News

Supreme Court Issues Notices To Sena Rebels

Mumbai: Maharashtra Deputy Speaker Narhari Zirwal, Chief Whip Sunil Prabhu and leader of Legislature party Anil Chaudhary were issued notices by the Supreme Court...

Maharashtra: Rebels Take Shiv Sena To Supreme Court

New Delhi: Maharashtra’s political slugfest has now reached the Supreme Court with rebel legislator Eknath Shinde challenging the Shiv Sena’s decision to disqualify him...

Sharad Pawar Calls On Uddhav Thackeray

New Delhi: Nationalist Congress Party (NCP) supremo Sharad Pawar called on Maharashtra Chief Minister Uddhav Thackeray at his residence as another Shiv Sena MLA...

Maharashtra: Uddhav Thackeray Ready To Step Down As CM

Mumbai: The ruling allies of Uddhav Thackeray in Maharashtra — Congress and Sharad Pawar — have suggested that rebel Eknath Shinde be made the...

New Crisis For Uddhav Thackeray-Led Maharashtra Govt

Mumbai: Maharashtra Chief Minister Uddhav Thackeray, who has been unsettled following a rebellion in the party, had a 10-minute telephonic conversation with rebel minister...
- Advertisement -

89 COMMENTS

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here